Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mental Map

















This map conveys the typical college student mental map of the world. I think it points out an interesting insight into the mind of a college student. One is that there is very little attention paid to detail and boundaries within countries. This is interesting because this map clearly comes from an english speaking student, perhaps even an american one.  Yet I'd like to contrast this mental map with a foreign nation, Spain. Unlike Americans (who are quite patriotic) Spaniards are intensely regionalistic. When I lived there for a year I became acquainted with this fact. And because of that segregation they have ingrained in their culture, I believe spanish college students would be able to distinguish regional boundaries better than this map above.


Photo taken from: http://mistert-mistert.blogspot.com/2008/04/mental-map-of-world.html

No comments: